Exhibition Space Available at Mont De Lancey
Mont De Lancey is a Historic Homestead, located amongst the rolling hills of the Wandin farmlands in the Yarra Valley. The old Homestead, which is maintained and managed by volunteers, is beautifully situated in a magnificent cottage garden. There is a Gallery / Museum, Working forge, Woodturners' workroom, and Restaurant on the property, with a Country Farmers' Market being held every second Saturday of the month. The property is also a venue for weddings, conferences, Special Occasions, and tours of the Property can be arranged.
Invitation to Artists
Mont De Lancey is interested in promoting artists and their creations, with no particular house style being preferred, only an excellence of standard. Exhibitions of sculpture/metalwork etc. may be arranged for viewing in the Gardens, and this could well coincide with Victoria's Garden Week festivities.
Exhibitions may be held by either 'solo' or 'grouped' artists, with the usual exhibition length being four (4) weeks; however, other time frames may be suggested to MDL. A cost of $80.00 per week to hire the Gallery has been set for 2010, plus ten (10%) per cent commission payable to MDL on all items sold.
Opening times are: Wednesday to Sunday inclusive, from 10.00am to 4.30pm. Group bookings for tours may also be arranged for Mondays & Tuesdays. Unless determined otherwise for any specific exhibition, Mont De Lancey does not charge an entrance fee for exhibitions.
There have been many successful exhibitions/sales held at MDL's Gallery, including Whimsical Wares & Wonders (flyer attached) and the yearly Acquisitive Art Show for artists residing in the Shire of Yarra Ranges.
MDL caters for tour buses and groups, as well as the many local visitors and tourists who attend the market and tour The Homestead. There is also an extensive email and mailing list, which can be accessed by Exhibitors.
Prospective Exhibitors are invited to email Jill Sebire for additional information or call 5964 2088.
Application Process for Exhibitors
Meeting date to view space, and finalise details of proposed exhibition. Please note that a non-refundable deposit of $80.00 is to be paid at this time, however, such amount will be applied to the Gallery's weekly rental cost when the Exhibition opens.
Details to be negotiated and confirmed at above meeting, will include:
- Dates of exhibition
- Confirmation of Gallery rental and commission costs to be paid to Mont De Lancey
- Set up and Take down dates and arrangements thereof i.e. Exhibitor to leave the Gallery as initially found
- Adjustment of available lighting in the Gallery - only to be done by Mont De Lancey
- (If any additional lighting is required by the Exhibitor, such work must first be agreed with Mont De Lancey Management, and would only be carried out by a Qualified Electrician, paid by the Exhibitor
- Proposed advertising to be undertaken by the Exhibitor – please note, that all promotional material to be confirmed with Mont De Lancey PRIOR to printing/publication, and that Mont De Lancey logo is available for inclusion therein
- Set up of Master Price List for items to be sold, so that Mont De Lancey Volunteers have one only complete price list to work from
- Catalogue of works to be sold, and each item to be identified and itemised
- Arrangements re the use of EFTPOS/Visa cards
- Insurance of items is the Exhibitor's own responsibility. Electronic security is provided to all of the Mont De Lancey buildings, including the Gallery
- A float of $50.00 is to be left with Mont De Lancey.
- Mont De Lancey will assist in promoting the Exhibition via their email and mailing list, at no charge, however, all other advertising/promotion is at Exhibitor's own expense. Exhibition details will also be placed on Mont De Lancey's website, and contacts can be given by Mont De Lancey for local papers/radio station
|The Heritage Room||Exhibitions and Events in the Museum|