Take a step back in time to appreciate the family, working and social life of the pioneer families of Wandin and District displayed in an extensive collection of photographs and artefacts in our Museum.
- The people: wedding and family groups, sports teams and school groups, work scenes and social functions.
- The town: churches and schools, public buildings and businesses, early transport and homes.
- Agriculture and Industry: berry and passionfruit plantations, orchards and farms, the jam factories and timber mills, and the traders.
Displays under glass include household and personal items: china, silverware, clothing, jewellery and service medals.
The mezzanine display includes a large collection of hand tools such as those used to clear and cultivate the land, and build fences and simple slab houses.
- Plans for the Lilydale to Warburton Rail Line and photographs of Wandin station in its heyday.
- Boer War memorabilia of Mounted Rifles and veteran Colonel Alfred Otter.
- Wedding outfit worn by Lydia Gaudion (Mrs John Hunter) first bride to marry in the Methodist Church in 1881.
- Bonanza Apple Parer, part of the mechanical kitchenalia display in the Heritage Room.
- M-tooth and H-tooth cross-cut saws on the hand tool wall on the mezzanine floor.
- Themed tableau in the special display room, changed regularly.
Mont De Lancey Museum was officially opened on March 14th 1993
by the Honorable Pat McNamara MP, Deputy Premier & Minister for Tourism